Friday, May 05, 2006

The Pace Lap – Friday May 5, 2006

The Pace Lap – Friday May 5, 2006

What else can you say? It rained. This pace lap will be short.

· Props to Thayer County and their new promoters, Greg “Radar” Bell and Lonnie Bell. They were the only ones in the HRN area to get a race in this past weekend.
· Speaking of Thayer County, they now have an unofficial site, courtesy of Justin Sly. Go to http://members.tripod.com/3speed_sly/ to keep up on Thayer County. Thanks, Justin. And not to take away from the site, but I think it would be a good idea to get a permanent home in cyberspace. You can have umpteen companies host a website with your its URL for under $100 a year. I pay $7.95/month to host HRN. That would be a good sponsorship opportunity for someone…
· Wayne Dake has informed us that his weekly racing TV program Speed Secrets will be available for DOWNLOAD! Now you can watch anytime you want. Go to www.speedsecrets.info for more details
· The 305 Sprint Cars will have an exhibition race Sunday night April 7. All 305's that are registered at the track will be allowed a small practice session during Sunday's intermission. All 305's will race together for 8 laps; they estimate this to add an additional 15 minutes to the intermission.
· Speaking of rain, when I worked at Eagle Raceway I did a little figuring on how many April races got rained out. It was 58%. Shouldn’t surprise anyone, like they say “April showers bring May flowers.” May is here. Give me my flowers and racing (not in that order).
· I say in celebration of Cinco de Mayo, tracks that race on Friday should serve Corona (though I prefer Dos Equis). I think I’ll just have a Bud and a burrito. The house will smell like a fiesta that night…ewww.
· Eagle Raceway and I-80 are both offering admission specials. Eagle is offering the same deal they had last week before the rainout: $2 off admission for adults, and kids 13 & under are free. Drivers who raced on April 22 will also get free pit admission. I-80 is offering anyone who goes to the races Sunday May 7 $3 off admission to next week’s show featuring NASCAR drivers Ken Schrader and Kenny Wallace. Quite the gesture to give discounted admission for people that would likely be at the track anyway.

I may add a few things as the day progresses. If not, I’ll see you at the races!
-Jason

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The rules:

1. No ad hominem attacks - AKA: don't "diss" anyone personally.
2. Keep it on topic.
3. I'm open to any well-thought comment just play nice.
4. PG-rated please.
5. By posting, you agree to indemnify me, the blog owner and hold harmless for any liability caused by your comments. (I'm covering myself here).