Monday, May 08, 2006

Owning up

In contrast to the usual complaining, finger pointing and Monday-morning quarterbacking on message boards, here's a breath of fresh air even though it came out of a bad situation. Harley Moen was DQ'ed Sunday night in the GN Late Model A feature at I-80 (see post below).

While one could debate how much difference 10 lbs would have made in an otherwise fine run, rules are rules - they were properly enforced and Harley admitted his mistake and issued an apology to all those involved. It can be rough seeing "DQ" posted by your name (and I agree with tracks doing it), but it's also nice to see a driver owning up to their mistake. You've set a good example, Harley.

Message Board - dirtdrivers.com: "I feel compelled to post
this before any of the experts wake up this morning. I personally had an error in judgement last night and had anticipated the race track being heavier than it ended up being (didn't pick up enough mud). I came up 10 lbs light at the scales, and have no one to blame but myself. Trust me, after coming from 16th to 4th, I will beat myself up more about this until next weekend than anyone on here can. I want to personally apologize to everyone on our team, and to our sponsors O'Keefe Elevator (first night on the car), CenPeCo Lubricants, and Malvern Trust and Savings. Nothing was intentional and everything else checked legal on the car after the race. Thanks.

Harley Moen "

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The rules:

1. No ad hominem attacks - AKA: don't "diss" anyone personally.
2. Keep it on topic.
3. I'm open to any well-thought comment just play nice.
4. PG-rated please.
5. By posting, you agree to indemnify me, the blog owner and hold harmless for any liability caused by your comments. (I'm covering myself here).