Thursday, August 16, 2007

Eagle Raceway Schoolbuses a Roadside Attraction?

I noticed this while reading an article in the Lincoln Journal Star on alternate routes to Omaha from Lincoln.

In the sidebar of the article, route #3 describes heading out of Lincoln on Hwy 34, then north on Hwy 63 through Alvo.

Sharing distinctions with other routes' "along the way" attractions such as Linoma Beach, the Wahoo Torpedo Monument, Rosenblatt and Offutt, are the Eagle Raceway Schoolbuses, which after the demo derby will lie in perpetuity to become monuments. :-)

I got a kick out of it. Here's the article - the routes are in the sidebar to the right:

Lincoln Journal Star: How yogurt closed I-80 for nine hours

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The rules:

1. No ad hominem attacks - AKA: don't "diss" anyone personally.
2. Keep it on topic.
3. I'm open to any well-thought comment just play nice.
4. PG-rated please.
5. By posting, you agree to indemnify me, the blog owner and hold harmless for any liability caused by your comments. (I'm covering myself here).