Tuesday, April 11, 2006

WRP Announcement - Split with MMSA

Announcement From the Micro Sprint Track Meeting-March 8, 2006

As you may or may not know, in 1988 Roger Kilgore (then the President of the ENMMA) approached me about racing Modified Midgets at CRP. At the time, the track was much smaller and many improvements needed to be made to accommodate the Modified Midgets. We decided that we wanted to build the track to accommodate both Go-Karts and Modified Midgets. So, in 1989, with the help of the ENMMA, construction began. The club helped us more than most of you know with both volunteered time and manual labor.

The first year racing Modified Midgets, we averaged about 18 cars a night. Even though the car count was minimal that first season, I consider that year to be a great success as so much was accomplished and so many great friendships were made. As the years went by, WRP (formally CRP) has always valued and respected the club’s opinion. The track and the club grew together in both members and car count.

Lately, as I stand back and watch what is going on with the organization, I realize that WRP and the organization no longer share the same ideals. " Read More - Wavelink Raceway Park:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The rules:

1. No ad hominem attacks - AKA: don't "diss" anyone personally.
2. Keep it on topic.
3. I'm open to any well-thought comment just play nice.
4. PG-rated please.
5. By posting, you agree to indemnify me, the blog owner and hold harmless for any liability caused by your comments. (I'm covering myself here).