Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Carl Edwards Looking Forward to His Second Appearance at I-80 Speedway July 22

From I-80 Speedway

Greenwood, Nebraska (June 25, 2007)-Returning to his dirt racing roots, Nextel Cup driver Carl Edwards will make his second racing appearance at I-80 Speedway, Nebraska’s only NASCAR track, on Sunday, July 22. The driver of the #99 Office Depot Ford Fusion will be racing in the Dodge Super Late Model division against drivers including his younger brother Kenny Edwards, Joe Kosiski, Al Humphrey, Leon Zeitner, Jay Stewart, Jason Hobscheidt, Rick Stolley and others.
Carl won the Prelude to the Dream at Eldora Speedway earlier this year and raced at I-80 Speedway last year in the Grand National division.

“I’m looking forward to racing at I-80 Speedway again, especially being able to race against my brother Kenny,” said Carl. “He claims he’s going to beat me again this year, but we’ll see.” Last year, Kenny finished first in his heat race against his brother who finished second. Kenny finished third in the Grand National a feature and Carl finished 23rd because of an early wreck.
“This is a true battle between my brother and I, “said Kenny Edwards. “Ever since he started in NASCAR, I’ve been looking forward to taking him on and battling on the dirt!”

There also will be an autograph session from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. with Carl and Kenny, and fans will be allowed to bring only one item to be signed. Also, fans will not be able to have their picture taken with Carl or Kenny, but will be able to take pictures of them while waiting in line.
Carl Edwards is currently 6th in the NASCAR Nextel Cup standings and has five career wins. He also is currently leading the Busch Grand National Series points. Carl has been with Roush Racing since 2003 when he ran a full NASCAR Craftsman Truck schedule.

Kenny Edwards is currently 12th in the Dodge Super Late Model division in the NASCAR Whelen All American Series at I-80 Speedway, and is leading the rookie standings. He earned his first NASCAR victory on June 10, and followed it up with his second win just two weeks later. Currently a member of the Total Performance Parts Rising Stars, Kenny was the 2006 Grand National rookie of the year. This is his second year in the NASCAR Whelen All American Series.

Advance tickets are available for only $10 through Friday, July 20 and kids under 10 are free. Tickets prices after Friday, July 20 will be $15 and kids under 10 are free. Advance tickets can be ordered through the office, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Tickets can be picked up at the office, or at the track “will call window.” Grandstand gates open at 4:00 p.m., hot laps at 6:00 p.m., and racing at 6:30 p.m. Pit passes without a NASCAR license are $30.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The rules:

1. No ad hominem attacks - AKA: don't "diss" anyone personally.
2. Keep it on topic.
3. I'm open to any well-thought comment just play nice.
4. PG-rated please.
5. By posting, you agree to indemnify me, the blog owner and hold harmless for any liability caused by your comments. (I'm covering myself here).