Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Sprint Cup, car, cat...it's all NASCAR right?

I caught this when reading an article about Tony Stewart leaving JGR to
likely start his own team.

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2008/07/09/ap/sports/d91q7n5o2.txt

One paragraph caught me:

"Assuming Stewart does buy Haas-CNC, he'll re-establish his long
relationship with Chevrolet. The partnership was partially fractured this
season when Gibbs moved to Toyota. General Motors continued to sponsor the
sprint cup (sic) teams that Stewart also owns."

Ugh.

I recall Chris Moses saying something about this on www.ovaloperations.com
but I couldn't find the link.

For the record, he owns sprint CAR teams (as well as midget teams with
rising NASCAR stars) otherwise leaving JGR to own his own Sprint CUP teams
wouldn't be news would it?

The LJS copy editor probably doesn't know the difference, but the beat
writer for the AP should know, especially since it's a two-time champion
well known for keeping an active role in his dirt roots.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The rules:

1. No ad hominem attacks - AKA: don't "diss" anyone personally.
2. Keep it on topic.
3. I'm open to any well-thought comment just play nice.
4. PG-rated please.
5. By posting, you agree to indemnify me, the blog owner and hold harmless for any liability caused by your comments. (I'm covering myself here).