Thursday, June 15, 2006

I-80 Speedway Race of Champions

From I-80 Speedway

I-80 Speedway is pleased to announce that Sunday, July 30th will be the 1st Annual I-80 Speedway Race of Champions in association with Carl Edwards/Clint Bowyer Night. This special race will be I-80 Speedway's version of the Nextel Cup's All-Star Race.

The 1st Annual I-80 Speedway Race of Champions will be the last feature of the evening. Each driver who has won a point championship or major race at I-80 Speedway in a full bodied late model car since the purchase of I-80 Speedway by LDI in April of 2004 have been invited.

Drivers already confirmed to attend are: Chris Spieker-2004 Dodge Super Late Model Point Champion; Ron Tex, Jr.-2004 Cornhusker Classic Grand National Feature Winner; Bill Leighton, Jr.-2004 Grand National Point Champion; John Hampel-2004 Alphabet Soup Winner; Shawn Harker-2004 Cornhusker Classic Spec Winner; Joe Kosiski-2005 NASCAR Dodge Weekly Series Division Rep; Josh Krug-2005 Cornhusker Classic Grand National Winner; Eddie Moore-2005 Cornhusker Classic IMCA/CNCTA Winner; John Anderson-2005 WDRA Champion; Joey Bauer, Jr.-2005 Grand National Point Champion; Kyle Berck-2005 NCRA/TORA Winner; Kelly Boen-2005 Cornhusker Classic Winner; Alex Humphrey-2005 Crate Late Model Point Champion, Ed Kosiski-2005 Grand National Spring Sizzler Winner/2005 Track Champion and Steve Kosiski-2006 Alphabet Soup Winner.

Other invited guests, but not confirmed, include: Darren Miller-2005 Alphabet Soup Winner; Brian Harris-2005 IMCA Deery Brothers Spring Sizzler Winner, and Terry Phillips-2006 Spring Sizzler Winner. Carl Edwards and Clint Bowyer have also been invited to participate. The Grand National Feature Winner on July 30th will also be invited. If the winner is already qualified, the second place car will be invited.

One driver from I-80 Speedway will also be chosen by a fan vote, held on the final week before the event. Only A feature winners of I-80 Speedway in 2006 in the Saturday Late Model, Sunday Grand National and Dodge Super Late Model divisions that are not already qualified are eligible for this fan vote. Each voter must be a member of the I-80 Speedway Email List to be eligible to vote. An email blast will be sent the week before Sunday, July 30th. All names of eligible drivers will be listed.
Voting will end on Friday, July 28th at 5:00pm Central Time.

To join the I-80 Speedway email list go to the web site at www.neracewaypark.com and look for the email box at the top to the page. Simply follow the instructions including the confirmation procedures.

These championship drivers have also been asked to sign autographs from 4:30pm to 5:30pm with Carl Edwards and Clint Bowyer during their autograph session.

The gates open at 4:30, hot laps are at 6:00pm with racing action set to begin at 6:30pm.

The rules of this race are as follows:
1. Every driver will be in a legal I-80 Speedway Grand National car.
2. Each driver will draw for the starting position.
3. The race will be 25 green flag laps.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The rules:

1. No ad hominem attacks - AKA: don't "diss" anyone personally.
2. Keep it on topic.
3. I'm open to any well-thought comment just play nice.
4. PG-rated please.
5. By posting, you agree to indemnify me, the blog owner and hold harmless for any liability caused by your comments. (I'm covering myself here).