Monday, February 11, 2008

2008 Wish List part 2

I left the last wish list with a tirade about tracks not getting a good website going. Let's be a little more positive for the next.

1. Attend the Turkey Chase kart race this year. This seems to be just a fun way to get in an off-season fix for the racing blues.

2. See a competitive ASCS race at Junction Motor Speedway. I'm not knocking the track, I'm knocking the way the format is. I've seen passing at the big 3/8 mile. But what you have is essentially, the fast guy starts up front. While I understand the reward based passing point system, that's all fine and good until A feature time, which usually falls flat. Some time ago I asked if a good ASCS race could be held at a track larger than a third-mile. I-80's Wingless 410/ASCS/Mod show showed it could happen as, well every guy up front was fast! But that didn't take away from one of the better A features I watched all year with Jack Dover holding off some big guns to take the win.

3. Hit some other shows on Saturday besides Eagle! The sad thing is I have an emotional connection to the place, have a lot of good friends there and shooting there has been a desire of mine for a LONG time. I keep saying that, but this time I need to deliver.

4. That people who really care about their track's cause take the time to send some emails. I tire of seeing people saying that the TV, newspaper, etc. doesn't cover their show. Well, let me tell you this, newspaper staff is shrinking and their ability to find little tidbits is diminishing. Help them out! Before you think I'm going on another rant again, well no. Not yet. But I'll offer the words of P.T. Barnum: you can't sell it if they don't know about it.

5. Make it out to Knoxville a few times this year, maybe even for the Nationals. I haven't been there in 11 years. Really. If I go to the Nationals this year though - it will probably be from the Saturday before thru Thursday. I'll leave the Friday and Saturday parades for the TV.

I'm sure there are other things but this is good for now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The rules:

1. No ad hominem attacks - AKA: don't "diss" anyone personally.
2. Keep it on topic.
3. I'm open to any well-thought comment just play nice.
4. PG-rated please.
5. By posting, you agree to indemnify me, the blog owner and hold harmless for any liability caused by your comments. (I'm covering myself here).