Monday, February 01, 2010

April I-80/Eagle Scheduling Conflict Resolved

From Craig Kelley:

I am happy to announce the following schedule changes for the two
Lincoln-Omaha metro-area tracks for 2010 after sit-down meetings, and great
give-and-take by both track ownership teams:

Sat., April 3: I-80 MLRA TOURING LATE MODELS, A Mods and Hobby Stocks, as
scheduled. Eagle closed

Friday, April 9: I-80 will run a newly-scheduled NASCAR weekly show PLUS
$1000 to win A Modified Show (NO rain date) leading into...

Sat., April 10: Eagle ICE BREAKER CHALLENGE (as scheduled) with Eagle
Sprints and $3K to win Modidfied Show and IMCA Sport Mods and Compacts. Rain
date, 4-11-10 and I-80 will now be closed April 10-11, 2010.

Friday, April 16: I-80 ASCS Sprints, A mods, Sport Mods, and Compacts. Eagle
closed.

Sat., April 17: I-80 ASCS Sprints, SLMR LM's, NASCAR LM's and Pro Am's.
Eagle closed, cancelling scheduled weekly show.

Sunday, April 18. I-80 will NOT run its previously scheduled NASCAR weekly
show after racing Friday and Sat.nights, and April 18 will only be a
possible rain date for either track only.

Wed., June 9 - NRP Charlie Clark Memorial will NOT run Sprint Cars and will
now feature an 'A Modified' Special plus Sport Mods, and one other possible
support class. This I-80 show is moved up one night, after previously being
scheduled on June 10.

Eagle Raceway will not run a Free-Admission or weekly points event on
Sunday, September 5, 2010 against I-80's annual Labor Day season-ending
weekly points show.

I-80 and Eagle ownership will meet immediately following the 2010 season to
make all attempts to schedule the 2011 race season with no conflicting
dates.

I-80 will move its banquet date in January 2011 to an alternative date as
they did not yet have a Banquet Hall booked, to avoid the two tracks'
banquets being on the same dates.

In addition, there are some other scheduling and promotional ideas the two
tracks are working on for 2010 and beyond that will benefits both fans AND
racers. Stay tuned!

I would like to thank and congratulate both tracks for working so hard
together on making 2010 conflict-free!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The rules:

1. No ad hominem attacks - AKA: don't "diss" anyone personally.
2. Keep it on topic.
3. I'm open to any well-thought comment just play nice.
4. PG-rated please.
5. By posting, you agree to indemnify me, the blog owner and hold harmless for any liability caused by your comments. (I'm covering myself here).