Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Some clarification

When I said I wanted a recess, that didn't mean I would be abandoning this site completely. I'll still have photos, editorials and other goodies. The recess would be in combing the sites for results and other material and/or editing it for presentation. For that information, please check each track's website, linked on the right.

For now, the best way to get stuff to me on site is to send it to me directly (email's on the front page) in a clear, spell-checked, newspaper style release (who, what, when, where, why) without "first person" verbage as in "I" when you mean "Joe Blow, Promoter of XYZ Speedway" and "you guys" when you mean "drivers and owners."

One comment I heard from an editor of a racing paper is that editing content is getting to the point that it's making it difficult to get the info into print. Do yourself a favor and take one minute to turn that message board post into a real release.

Follow the examples of USMTS, NRP/I-80, and Randy Lawrence's info for Team Dover and see how they put everything together when it comes to advance info. You're only helping yourselves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The rules:

1. No ad hominem attacks - AKA: don't "diss" anyone personally.
2. Keep it on topic.
3. I'm open to any well-thought comment just play nice.
4. PG-rated please.
5. By posting, you agree to indemnify me, the blog owner and hold harmless for any liability caused by your comments. (I'm covering myself here).