Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Autograph Day Goal - "Make a Statement"

Here's an open letter to the racing community from Midwest Racers Autograph
Day founder Gary Dominguez. I think it speaks volumes - Jason

* * *

Dear Friends,

I'd like to thank you past and present for your support of Midwest Racers
Autograph Day. I would also like to extend my gratitude to my committee that
has become another family to me. Without their hard work and volunteering,
there would be no Autograph Day!

This years Autograph Day is not only a statement for racers and their
sponsors, it is a statement for survival of their sport. With some area
tracks lacking attendance, and the politically charged atmosphere regarding
motorsports lately, it is imperative we show our solidarity on April 7th.

To the racers, I am asking each and every one of you to bring your race
machines, and place them on display from 11-4PM. Extend the invitation to
your family, sponsors and sphere of influence to attend also.

To the fans I am asking you to attend and show your support of the hard
working souls that put their racing machines on the track every week.
Encourage your family and friends that support motorsports to attend also.

As you know, our event is free to all racers and spectators. Our only source
of income is from our sponsors. If you would like to become one of our
sponsors, we have several affordable options available. We even have a
memorial sponsorship you can dedicate to a loved one that is no longer with
us.

Friends, I can't stress enough to you the importance of April 7th 2007. I
always refer to the racing community as the "Racing Family". Whether you
think it is valid or vulgar, it is the truth. In my 30+ years of racing I
have seen many changes, but the one thing that does not change is our
closeness with our particular sports. As racers we get angry, say nasty
things to each other, and sometimes fight amongst ourselves, but when one of
us is down, or hurting, the others always come in to support each other. If
that's not a family, then I don't know what a family is. Now is the time for
our family to come together, and let the powers that be know we are here to
stay!

As I have said before, "There is NO Family like a Racing Family!"

Thanks to all of you and God Bless,

Gary Dominguez- Founder

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The rules:

1. No ad hominem attacks - AKA: don't "diss" anyone personally.
2. Keep it on topic.
3. I'm open to any well-thought comment just play nice.
4. PG-rated please.
5. By posting, you agree to indemnify me, the blog owner and hold harmless for any liability caused by your comments. (I'm covering myself here).