Thursday, February 19, 2009

Which comes first?

On behalf of my real job (seriously), I was reading through marketing guru and author Seth Godin's blog today. I hadn't been there in a while, and I came across a post that piqued my interest.

In his post "Which comes first, the product or the marketing"  Seth states the following:

"In fact, just about every successful product or service is the result of smart marketing thinking first, followed by a great product that makes the marketing story come true."

Really? You don't say...

As much as it is a light hearted self-pat on the back, my point is that getting the word out, hyping up the event and delivering are all important and fundamental - and in THAT order...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The rules:

1. No ad hominem attacks - AKA: don't "diss" anyone personally.
2. Keep it on topic.
3. I'm open to any well-thought comment just play nice.
4. PG-rated please.
5. By posting, you agree to indemnify me, the blog owner and hold harmless for any liability caused by your comments. (I'm covering myself here).