Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Eagle Raceway 5-17-2008 photos

Here's photos from this weekend's action at Eagle.

I'm going to do things very differently this year.

One, I've gone very very selective and adopted a "coverage" approach (like photos in the newspaper) as opposed to putting every guy turning left up there. Only the shots I like best will be put up. These will be where the lighting/subject worked, telling a story, etc.

Because of this I've gone to a strict media-only photo policy. No photos are for sale. I grew tired of the BS. The cut-throat, cut-rate market doesn't pay for that kind of hassle with limited distribution. By announcing this and making it public, no photographer can say I'm competing with them and I'm free to do what I want.

On the plus side, it allows me to pick what I like, edit, manipulate and do the best I can for each picture and show what I like in its best light. I may put up some larger images later in the year - kind of a "best of" gallery.

Two, I'm using a service designed for commercial clients called Photoshelter - it's something I'm going to be using for other non-racing photographic ventures down the road and for the intended media-only distribution. But this allows me to watermark, upload quickly, and add captions/licensing and other information.

Enough yapping - enjoy. Any comments are welcome - my email is in the upper right corner of the home page.

Eagle Raceway 5-17-2008 photos

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The rules:

1. No ad hominem attacks - AKA: don't "diss" anyone personally.
2. Keep it on topic.
3. I'm open to any well-thought comment just play nice.
4. PG-rated please.
5. By posting, you agree to indemnify me, the blog owner and hold harmless for any liability caused by your comments. (I'm covering myself here).