Friday, February 17, 2006

Freuer Resigns as NRP Gen. Manager

An open letter from outgoing NRP GM Dave Freuer to the racing community was posted on Dirt Drivers today. Dave took over a tough job with NRP and they've grown their program and facility.

Good luck in your new venture, Dave.

Message Board - dirtdrivers.com: February 16, 2006
For almost 25 years, racing has been a major part of my life along with the lives of my family. It has allowed me the opportunity to meet some really great people who share my passion for Motorsports and witness some of the best racing action in the country.

Anyone associated with racing realizes the sacrifices that are made by the drivers, car owners, crew members, race officials and families who love Motorsports. Their commitment to the sport is seen in the countless hours spent preparing for each event, the miles that are traveled to compete and the summer weekends filled with wheel to wheel battles on their favorite race tracks.

As a person grows older their priorities in life often change. I have come to that point in my life now as I officially resign my position as General Manager of Nebraska Raceway Park. This has been a difficult decision to make considering how much a part of my life Motorsports has been. However, it is time for me to look at the “big picture” and what is best for my wife and family who have sacrificed so many things so that I could be involved with racing.

I will always have fond memories of my time here at Nebraska Raceway Park and the wonderful people associated with this fine facility. It has been an honor working for a group of owners who truly love racing and constantly strive to make Nebraska Raceway Park a better facility for everyone to enjoy. I have also had the privilege to enjoy watching some of the most talented drivers and pit crews in the United States compete every weekend. In addition, it has been a pleasure being associated with the great staff and employees whose hard work and dedication allow the events to run so smoothly. And I can not express my appreciation enough for all the great fans and sponsors who support Nebraska Raceway Park.

The 2006 race season is quickly approaching and I believe it will be one of the best ever. There are a host of great special events on the schedule as well as two spectacular nights of NASCAR Dodge Weekly Series action each weekend on Saturdays and Sundays. I have no doubt that the track owners along with Tom Gutowski, Kevin Bonney and the rest of the staff will make it a season to remember for everyone involved.

In closing, my path has come full circle as I return to my home state of North Dakota to pursue other interests. I look forward to being able to spend time with relatives, family and friends and enjoy events and occasions that time or distance hasn’t allowed in the past. Thank you for allowing me to be part of your lives and your love for auto racing. Have a great race season!

- Dave Freuer -

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The rules:

1. No ad hominem attacks - AKA: don't "diss" anyone personally.
2. Keep it on topic.
3. I'm open to any well-thought comment just play nice.
4. PG-rated please.
5. By posting, you agree to indemnify me, the blog owner and hold harmless for any liability caused by your comments. (I'm covering myself here).