Tuesday, March 27, 2012

ASCS Midwest Sprint Cars open at I-80

From I-80 Speedway

The ASCS Midwest Sprint Car Series will open their 2012 racing at the I-80 Speedway on April 6 & 7 during the Spring Meltdown. The series has 18 races scheduled throughout the Midwest in 2012 including four races at I-80 Speedway. The ASCS will be running complete shows on both April 6 & 7 with the features paying $2,500 to win and $250 to start each night.

Springfield, Nebraska's Jack Dover is the defending champion of the ASCS Midwest Sprint Car Series. Dover also won the Series Championship in 2008. Other drivers who are expected to be at I-80 Speedway are Brian Brown of Grain Valley, Missouri, a frequent winner at I-80, Jordan Boston of Lincoln last year's ASCS Midwest runner-up, Bryan Gossel of Fort Collins, Colorado, Lee Grosz of Harwood, North Dakota, Billy Alley of Lincoln, the 2005 series champion and a host of ASCS drivers.

Also racing will be the SLMR and A Mods racing for $1,000 to win on Friday, April 6 and then on April 7, B Mods will be racing for $600 to win and the CBC/MLRA Late Models will be battling for $3,000 to win.

Racing starts at 7pm on Friday and 5:55pm on Saturday. Adult tickets are $20 both nights with Kids (6-12) $5 and 5 and under free. For more information call (402)-342-3453.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The rules:

1. No ad hominem attacks - AKA: don't "diss" anyone personally.
2. Keep it on topic.
3. I'm open to any well-thought comment just play nice.
4. PG-rated please.
5. By posting, you agree to indemnify me, the blog owner and hold harmless for any liability caused by your comments. (I'm covering myself here).