Thursday, January 19, 2012

I-80 Moves to Fridays

The NASCAR Whelen All American Series returns to I-80 Speedway on a new night for the 2012 season...Fridays! The all NASCAR Whelen weekly show will feature the return of the Super Late Models as the 1st tier;this is not to be confused with the SLMR Series. The 2nd tier will be A Mods, 3rd tier is Pro Ams, 4th tier B Mods, 5th tier Crate Late Models/Grand Nationals and 6th tier Hornets. I-80 Speedway worked with Adams County Speedway and McCool Junction on scheduling these tiers. Joe and Lee are finalizing the schedule; they are waiting on a few additional dates and hope to have it out soon. They are not running all 6 classes every night, but there may be a few nights when all 6 do run. This will be reflected in the schedule when it is released. The SLMR Series (which is NOT the 1st tier NASCAR at I-80 Speedway) currently has 16 dates scheduled and a few more are being finalized. Officials are also working with the owners to finalize the rules for the season. Any questions about rules, times, admission prices, running more than one late model class, etc etc will be answered in the coming weeks as we work to finalize those answers for you! We look forward to seeing you this year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The rules:

1. No ad hominem attacks - AKA: don't "diss" anyone personally.
2. Keep it on topic.
3. I'm open to any well-thought comment just play nice.
4. PG-rated please.
5. By posting, you agree to indemnify me, the blog owner and hold harmless for any liability caused by your comments. (I'm covering myself here).