Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Eagle April 30 Photos! And ready for purchase!

Finally, I came through and set up my gallery of pics for online purchase. That's right, you order and the pics are mailed to you - no worrying about meeting up with me at the track, remembering money, and so on.

Check 'em out here: Heartland RaceNews.com Photos by Jason Orth . Note the watermark on the photos won't print on your order! These photos are only available for purchase online, they aren't available at the track.

This week was odd. One thing I haven't done - ever - is shoot 700(!) frames at a racetrack over one night. And I didn't shoot all the features because of the dust! I kind of went all out to try and catch as many people as I could. I threw out the garbage and put everything in focus and exposed online.

Normally, I'd shoot about 2-300 pictures and edit down to the 40 or so best and post that. This year I plan on editing tighter, but wanted to get as many people up on the first night. As we go through the season, I'll have a little more refinement online as I think this is the way it should be done. Keep it in the 100 picture range so it's easier to browse.

Technique wise, I had to learn to shoot a lot looser (not zoom in so close on the car) so a person could crop down to a 8x10 if they wanted. It's kind of tough with the Hobbies because the car is so long and an 8X10 photo is closer to "square" than a 4X6. But, that shouldn't stop you from getting what you want.

Anyway, if you need anything, let me know.

- Jason

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The rules:

1. No ad hominem attacks - AKA: don't "diss" anyone personally.
2. Keep it on topic.
3. I'm open to any well-thought comment just play nice.
4. PG-rated please.
5. By posting, you agree to indemnify me, the blog owner and hold harmless for any liability caused by your comments. (I'm covering myself here).