Friday, April 08, 2011

Rex Jordan, Jr. passes

Via Gary Dominguez:

It's with a heavy heart that I must report we have lost another member of our racing Family. Rex Jordan Jr. passed away yesterday after a valiant battle with Cancer. Rex was an accomplished driver in several classes, and has the distinction of winning Speedway Motors Founder Bill Smith's first trophy.

Rex raced alongside drivers such as Tiny Lund, and for owners including Sam Holliman and DD Durham.

He founded and worked for Jordan Machine for many years after his racing career. Rex was the father of 2 sons: Rex III, and sprint car driver Jay.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The rules:

1. No ad hominem attacks - AKA: don't "diss" anyone personally.
2. Keep it on topic.
3. I'm open to any well-thought comment just play nice.
4. PG-rated please.
5. By posting, you agree to indemnify me, the blog owner and hold harmless for any liability caused by your comments. (I'm covering myself here).