Friday, April 01, 2011

"Eagle 3-60" USAC/Late Model multi-day show in 2012

I'm not one for rumors unless I've heard them from a VERY reliable source and usually with a plausible story. This one I've heard from some of my old contacts when I worked for Eagle. Again, I've heard nearly the same story from a couple of sources, neither of which talked "to the other guy" when I asked.

This one involves USAC and potentially several late model sanctions. As we know, the "Rumble in the Bullring" this August will feature USAC Non Winged Sprint Cars, but will be running against the famed Belleville Midget Nationals - now no longer sanctioned by USAC.

The word is that this may be the start of something bigger for 2012, akin to the "Four Crown Nationals" run at Eldora. While costs and car counts would make a return to the glory days of a four day midget show an impossibility, the idea is a multi-class weekend, with Sprints and Midgets each getting two days, with a Saturday night finale.

On top of that a big money NCRA/MLRA/(additional sanction) Late Model show could be in the mix, and in fact may end up being the headliner with a three-class features-only finale on Saturday.

The main questions seem to be one of scheduling and of getting enough cars to run a features-only night.

The first numbers thrown out are at least $20K to win for each of the three classes, leading to the "Eagle 3-60" (3 classes, $60,000 combined winner's payout) designation.

The shows would be co-promoted. No, it's not Tony Stewart but it could be a name very familiar to people at Eagle. Everything is nothing but talk, but I have a feeling the rumor was leaked intentionally to gauge interest.

This could be interesting.

-Jason

1 comments:

Jason said...

I just wanted to state that this is total BS. It's an April Fool's joke.

Post a Comment

The rules:

1. No ad hominem attacks - AKA: don't "diss" anyone personally.
2. Keep it on topic.
3. I'm open to any well-thought comment just play nice.
4. PG-rated please.
5. By posting, you agree to indemnify me, the blog owner and hold harmless for any liability caused by your comments. (I'm covering myself here).