Monday, March 14, 2011

Quick Takes

- I would be remiss if I didn't mention Eagle Raceway's revamped, polished updated site (now to include the "Little E") kart track. Check it out: www.eagleraceway.com

- The new mini-sprint track is nearing completion at I-80, and they're looking to schedule shows. The call is out for Mini-Sprint teams to give your input to the track.

- Late Models and Wingless Sprints. Two classes talked about most when asked what fans would like to see at Eagle. I'd love to see them on the shorter tracks. Eagle had them last year, and there are plans to run them this year along with a USAC Wingless show. It's been nearly 10 years since the wingless cars have seen Eagle's high banks, and I have to say it's an amazing show. Those who have been to the T'N'T Wingless shows at I-80 have been treated to some fine racing. Imagine it even tighter. It's a good show.

And Late Models. Yes, I'd love a 2-day Late Model event with the likes of the top dog late model series. One night, August 5, will have to do. I will say this: Super Late Models on a tacky Eagle surface are a hoot. Dry slick...my experience varies. Just saying. It would be a great night to really wet that sucker down....

- The Beatrice Spring Nationals are this weekend. I plan to make the trip one of the nights - it looks like they may have a pretty decent weekend, weather-wise for the event. A Saturday trip may be in order.

- One of my day job duties involves Facebook (and not just wasting time on it). What some of these tracks are doing with Facebook is just the beginning. Simply posting and broadcasting isn't the answer or the intent. The goal is to engage. Shameless plug alert: I'll come talk to you about your social networking strategy - for a modest fee.

-Jason

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The rules:

1. No ad hominem attacks - AKA: don't "diss" anyone personally.
2. Keep it on topic.
3. I'm open to any well-thought comment just play nice.
4. PG-rated please.
5. By posting, you agree to indemnify me, the blog owner and hold harmless for any liability caused by your comments. (I'm covering myself here).