Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Dover injured in I-80 Crash

Sprint car driver Jack Dover was hospitalized Monday night after a violent crash at I-80 Speedway. He was transported to an Omaha hospital and is being treated for internal injuries.

The Lincoln Journal-Star article is here.

Lori Dover posted status updates on Jack's condition on the team's Facebook page.

It's been a rough year for Jack, as he also suffered head injuries after a flip at Eagle Raceway during the opening night of the Eagle Nationals on June 11.

My thoughts will be with the Dover family during this time. Despite all the safety advances, it's a dangerous sport with real people behind the wheel.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

The rules:

1. No ad hominem attacks - AKA: don't "diss" anyone personally.
2. Keep it on topic.
3. I'm open to any well-thought comment just play nice.
4. PG-rated please.
5. By posting, you agree to indemnify me, the blog owner and hold harmless for any liability caused by your comments. (I'm covering myself here).