Thursday, April 08, 2010

I-80 Speedway suffers damage, will race Friday

From I-80 Speedway

Greenwood, Ne (April 6th, 2010) I-80 Speedway was hit by a tornado early
Tuesday morning, suffering minor damage. We will be racing as scheduled
Friday April 9th. The decks in turn four were totally destroyed and the
bleachers in turn four were badly damaged also. The Total Performance parts
trailer was flipped on its side and blown about twenty feet away from its
original location.

We will have things cleaned up and ready to race again on Friday April 9th
with the NASCAR Whelen All American Weekly Series, unfortunately we will
have to close off the west end grandstands and decks until we are able to
repair them in the next couple weeks. We have posted a few photos of the
damage on the website. 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The rules:

1. No ad hominem attacks - AKA: don't "diss" anyone personally.
2. Keep it on topic.
3. I'm open to any well-thought comment just play nice.
4. PG-rated please.
5. By posting, you agree to indemnify me, the blog owner and hold harmless for any liability caused by your comments. (I'm covering myself here).