Monday, November 20, 2006

I-80 Releases Preliminary Schedule

Jason: I like the compressed weekly series schedule. Notice no mention of NASCAR? With the series requiring a set number of races either there will be a lot of double feature nights, or is it no sanction???

Greenwood, Nebraska (November 20, 2006)- Eastern Nebraska racing fans will hear engines come to life at I-80 Speedway on Saturday, April 7th , 2007 as the MLRA late models take to the track, along with modifieds and hornets. Times, rules and admission prices will be announced soon.

The ASCS 360 Sprints Midwest and Northern Plains Regions will return to I-80 Speedway on Friday, April 13th and Saturday, April 14th. I-80 Speedway’s 305 Sprint Car division, along with another support division to be announced, will join the ASCS 360’s on Friday. The NCRA 360’s and two other I-80 Speedway support classes will join the ASCS on Saturday. Support classes, times, rules and admission prices will be announced shortly.

Weekly racing will return to I-80 Speedway on Sunday, May 13th and conclude with the Championship night on Sunday, September 9th. The Saturday program will return starting on Saturday, May 26th and concluding on August 18th. Classes and times will be announced later. Drivers will get a chance to hit the dirt and test their cars for the 2007 season on a couple of nights that will be selected between April 14th and the opening night for the weekly racing series.

The owners and management of I-80 Speedway also are pleased to announce that the Annual “Alphabet Soup Race” will be held on Sunday, May 27th and the Cornhusker Classic will be held September 21st, 22nd and 23rd. The Huskerland Non-Wing 410 Sprint Bandit Nationals will return for a second year on Tuesday, August 14th. Times, support divisions and admission prices will be announced later.

Nebraska Raceway Park is located off I-80 at exit 420 between Omaha and Lincoln and is home to I-80 Speedway, the Little Sunset Speedway Go-Kart Track and Soaring Edge Motocross Park. The Speedway hosts events weekly from May through September. The Omaha General Office can be contacted during normal business hours Monday thru Friday, 9am-5pm at 402-342-3453 or office@neracewaypark.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The rules:

1. No ad hominem attacks - AKA: don't "diss" anyone personally.
2. Keep it on topic.
3. I'm open to any well-thought comment just play nice.
4. PG-rated please.
5. By posting, you agree to indemnify me, the blog owner and hold harmless for any liability caused by your comments. (I'm covering myself here).