Sunday, July 14, 2013

Feeling the urge


This Saturday I plan on heading out to the track again, this time with the Nebraska 360 series in their final visit to the reopened Butler County Speedway. It's been a few years since my last visit and it would only be my second race this season. I had plan to hit a few more but rainouts and business travel in June precluded that.

But it was sitting down today with a copy of Vintage Motorsport that set off a little spark. Not only was it topical with a feature on Speedway Motors Museum of American Speed, but the second of a three-part series on the history of Sprint Car racing. Now don't get me wrong, a simple magazine feature isn't nearly enough to encompass the history of the sport, but after reading it the wheel began rolling....

Out came Bob Mays' book Big Car Thunder. The Joe Scalzo's The American Dirt Track Racer, covering the life and times of the dirt champ cars.

And of all things, today's featured video on Fox Sports with Tony Stewart calling his own teammate Steve Kinser an a--hole got me in the mood.

I need to get back in the dirt.

Now, my life has changed such that without it being an part of my life, such as a job in the industry, I can't devote as much as I used to. Every week is too much right now. But the interest is back...I'm starting to miss it. I'm starting to pay attention to it. I browse results, read Brad Brown's ibracn.com weekly...just starting to feel the urge again.

We'll see what happens this weekend. I'm looking forward to it.      

1 comments:

Greg Soukup said...

You can't fight the feeling forever, no matter how deep down you bury it.

Hope you have fun Jason!

Post a Comment

The rules:

1. No ad hominem attacks - AKA: don't "diss" anyone personally.
2. Keep it on topic.
3. I'm open to any well-thought comment just play nice.
4. PG-rated please.
5. By posting, you agree to indemnify me, the blog owner and hold harmless for any liability caused by your comments. (I'm covering myself here).