Wednesday, December 12, 2012

ASCS 2013 Midwest Region Schedule

The American Sprint Car Series - Midwest Region - released their tentative 2013 schedule. This year's schedule is less aggressive than year's past, with only 12 events. Most races will take place at I-80 Speedway and Junction Motor Speedway with Corning, IA and Fairmont Raceway in Minnesota making an appearance. Gone are the Missouri races, but there are 3 combined MW/National Tour races on the schedule.
 
I wouldn't be surprised to see a race added and another fall off - as often happens. I'd also be curious to see if the newly-reopened Butler County Speedway makes an appearance on the schedule, as well as any other events with the former Eagle Raceway 360 sprints.

Either way, it's good for fans of 360 sprints at Eagle as they'll have several places to see the class after being dropped by Eagle. And, it's good to see that the two premier events on the schedule are making a return at Eagle.

I would argue that this makes for a good, manageable travel schedule for the sprint fan on a budget. A few roadtrips could add some spice, and one weekend a month (save for September) doesn't hurt.

APRIL
(Opening Weekend Double-header)
5 - FRIDAY * I-80 SPEEDWAY - GREENWOOD, NE  *  Midwest Regional
6 - SATURDAY *  I-80 SPEEDWAY - GREENWOOD, NE  *  Midwest Regional

MAY
(Memorial Weekend Double-header)
23 - THURSDAY * I-80 SPEEDWAY - GREENWOOD, NE  *  National & Midwest Regional
24 - FRIDAY * JUNCTION MOTOR SPEEDWAY - MCCOOL JUNCTION, NE  *  Midwest Regional

JUNE
(Eagle Nationals)
1 - SATURDAY * EAGLE RACEWAY * EAGLE, NE  *  National & Midwest Regional

JULY
6 - SATURDAY * I-90 SPEEDWAY * HARTFORD, SD  *  National & Midwest Regional

AUGUST
30 - FRIDAY * FAIRMONT RACEWAY * FAIRMONT, MN  *  National & Midwest Regional

SEPTEMBER
(Nebraska Cup Triple-header)
6 - FRIDAY * ADAMS COUNTY SPEEDWAY  *  CORNING, IA  *  Midwest Regional
7 - SAT * JUNCTION MOTOR SPEEDWAY - MCCOOL JUNCTION, NE  *  Midwest Regional
8 - SUNDAY * EAGLE RACEWAY - EAGLE, NE  *  Midwest Regional  *  ($5000 to win)
(Fall Brawl featuring the Wild Wing Shoot-Out)
20 - FRIDAY * I-80 SPEEDWAY - GREENWOOD, NE  *  Midwest Regional
21 - SATURDAY * I-80 SPEEDWAY - GREENWOOD, NE  *  Midwest Regional

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The rules:

1. No ad hominem attacks - AKA: don't "diss" anyone personally.
2. Keep it on topic.
3. I'm open to any well-thought comment just play nice.
4. PG-rated please.
5. By posting, you agree to indemnify me, the blog owner and hold harmless for any liability caused by your comments. (I'm covering myself here).