Friday, August 05, 2011

Passing of Frank "Zook" Scdoris and Gary Grossenbacher

I haven't had any time to post lately, but I wanted to take a second send condolences to the families of Frank "Zook" Scdoris and Gary Grossenbacher.
Scdoris passed away this week after a battle with Alzheimers. I remember him as the flagman at Midwest Speedway when I first started going in the early 80's. He was a long time racer and is enshrined in the Beatrice Speedway Hall of Fame.
Grossenbacher was a long time crew chief with Sprint car driver Lonnie Jensen and later for Lonnie's son Tige. I met Gary when my father and he partnered on the #7BK car at Eagle, and I talked with Gary at the races often. Gary died of cancer last week.
Both will be missed.
-Jason

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to convey my condolences to Frank 'Zooh' Scdoris's family in his passing. 'Zook' was a friend of my dad's when we lived in 'Belmont', Lincoln, Nebraska. I used to help 'Zook' with his stock car once in a while at the old Oak Lake track. I remember how he used to run alcohol and had 2 radiators mounted behind the driver's seat with the water running in the roll bars. It worked fine until you touched one of those bars. I also worked some summers with 'Zook' on his garbage route when he had it. I remember I was 14 and got a dollar a day plus he would stop and get us a quart of chocolate milk on the way to the dump after we completed the route. He was a 'tough' man but good in the heart where it counted. Rest easy 'Zook'. Time for a well deserved rest!

Post a Comment

The rules:

1. No ad hominem attacks - AKA: don't "diss" anyone personally.
2. Keep it on topic.
3. I'm open to any well-thought comment just play nice.
4. PG-rated please.
5. By posting, you agree to indemnify me, the blog owner and hold harmless for any liability caused by your comments. (I'm covering myself here).