Monday, February 14, 2011

The new season

I had noticed that it's less than a month before racing starts up in Nebraska - the annual USMTS Spring Thaw at Junction Motor Speedway takes place the first week of March - it's either in the 50's and spring-like or winter still lingers; sometimes both in the same weekend.

But I'm excited. Given that my work has a peak around Chili Bowl time, that's been out of the question for several years, so this race is my first visit back to the track in four months. I'll admit, it's a bit of a shakedown cruise for the cameras and getting in the swing of the season.

A few things this year:

1. I WILL get online photo ordering active this year - may not be by USMTS time, but definitely in time for the regular season. I'm putting some touches on it now and thinking about pricing.

2. I think I'll open up to some more frequent posting, not so much long editorials, but thoughts during the week - a few sentences in a twitter or 'facebook status' style format. The long editorials will stay.

3. One of the other things I'll finally do are some interviews for the site. Either sit downs, or 'five questions with' where they answer the same thing, or...

4. Ads - I'm working on pricing, but it's coming.

-Jason

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The rules:

1. No ad hominem attacks - AKA: don't "diss" anyone personally.
2. Keep it on topic.
3. I'm open to any well-thought comment just play nice.
4. PG-rated please.
5. By posting, you agree to indemnify me, the blog owner and hold harmless for any liability caused by your comments. (I'm covering myself here).