Thursday, August 28, 2008

Memorial Scholarship Project Mustang at Eagle on Sunday

From Tommy Bender:

Hi all - just thought I'd let everyone know we'll be bringing the Josh
Grimes Memorial Scholarship Mustang out to Eagle on Sunday; sounds like just
inside the gate. It's a bit of a long story, but in a nutshell, we're
raffling off the car to create a scholarship in the name of a student of
mine that passed away at 15 of cancer in 2006. We were in the Omaha World
Herald a few weeks ago - here's the link:

http://marketplace.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=10001&u_mod=news&u_id=10629

We've got a ways to go before we sell enough tickets to fully endow the
scholarship, and the drawing is only a few weeks away (September 14th) - so
needless to say, we could use your help. Some of you might remember me from
running mini-sprints at Waverly; otherwise, my only claim to fame in sprints
is flipping Devine's car over the wall in hotlaps at Beatrice :) So stop by,
say hi, and help us out if you can. Thanks for taking a look!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The rules:

1. No ad hominem attacks - AKA: don't "diss" anyone personally.
2. Keep it on topic.
3. I'm open to any well-thought comment just play nice.
4. PG-rated please.
5. By posting, you agree to indemnify me, the blog owner and hold harmless for any liability caused by your comments. (I'm covering myself here).