Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Omaha 12/5/07

The shootings in Omaha hit close to home today. When I lived there this summer, I lived just a few minutes from Westroads. Why some sick individual thinks it's right, it's "stylish" (according to their note) to kill innocent people in the name of...whatever...is beyond me. These people were SHOPPING! Who cares about some class issue at an upscale department store, maybe they can afford it, maybe they were looking around, maybe they were working trying to earn an honest wage.

Nobody ever deserves to go out like that. And for many people who were there that day, saw what happened, suffered injuries or lost friends and loved ones, Christmas will always be a tragic memory to them.

I don't know if God will have mercy on this person for what he did, but I pray for mercy for those who didn't indulge in the sick luxury of suicide and must spend their time on Earth scarred by the events of today.

-Jason

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The rules:

1. No ad hominem attacks - AKA: don't "diss" anyone personally.
2. Keep it on topic.
3. I'm open to any well-thought comment just play nice.
4. PG-rated please.
5. By posting, you agree to indemnify me, the blog owner and hold harmless for any liability caused by your comments. (I'm covering myself here).